Do you love the idea of a natural skin care make-up?
Well, you can try them on if your skin is acne-prone
Acne is among, if not, the most common skin condition(s) around the world. People with acne-prone skin are sensitive. As a result, certain make-up products like concealers and foundations only tend to worsen skin condition or cause new breakouts.
However, if you consult a specialist doctor or dermatologist, you can avoid falling into this trap. You get quality advice on choosing natural skincare products or organic skincare products carefully; and also get to learn what recommended guidelines must be followed before, during, and after their application.
Best Natural Make-up Hacks
Applying make-up on acne-prone skin is an issue most girls tend to face difficulties.
But thankfully, there are many natural make-up hacks that can help girls to wear make-up on their acne-prone skin relatively easily and comfortably.
Hack No 1 - Maintain A Clean Face
Whether you have acne or not, it’s important to ensure a clean face before you look to apply your make-up.
If you have an acne-prone face, make sure to get rid of the negativities like dirt and grime that dots your face. Else, it will only make your skin’s look and health still worse.
Hence, follow the steps as underlined below:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly. Wash your hands. Then apply a mild cleanser with your fingertips to your face.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water. In case, you apply an acne medication in the morning, then apply it after cleansing your face. Then you should apply a moisturizer that contains sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Select appropriate natural skin care products like tea tree oil or anti-acne cleanser that’s oil balancing inclusive of ingredients like salicylic acid, etc. This should be supplemented by an acne-friendly moisturizer that’s lightweight.
- Apply them properly on the affected skin areas. This will help to not only cleanse your skin but also get it ready for makeup.
Hack No 2 – Keep Your Make-up Brushes & Sponges Clean
An acne-affected skin can be extremely sensitive to infections. They can get affected by bacterial infections which in most cases get transmitted from poor quality organic skin care products like brushes and sponges.
To prevent the same from happening, ensure
- Brushes and sponges used by you are sparkling clean. Dirty and soiled brushes and sponges breed bacteria. They trigger and irritate the active acne to react negatively and also cause acne in areas that are free of them.
- Good quality organic skin care products like brushes, sponges, eye-shadow palettes, etc, help to thoroughly disinfect the make-up tools the night before. They can also be disinfected by a spray cleanser. This will ensure that they are thoroughly hygienic and clean.
Buy Natural Skin Care Products
What make-up products you buy and use plays a critical role eventually. Remember, acne in most cases is caused by excessive oil and sebum production. This will make the skin more prone to damage by external factors and irritation.
- Identify organic skin care products that are causing acne. Stop using such poor quality products. Most of these products tend to cause heavy liquid make-up. This will end-up trapping dirt and oil, and block pores eventually leading to breakouts.
- Buy and use only natural skin care products. Like for instance, oil-free, non-pore blocking, and non-comedogenic products. The products must be lightweight and non-scented with a base that is not moisturized too much. A good example is make-up products that contain salicylic acid as they help prevent and reduce acne. These kind of natural skin care products don’t break out easily. At the same time, bear in mind natural skin care products with salicylic acid can cause dryness; more so in girls already using another active acne medication.
- Avoid applying make-up with your fingers. They will end-up transferring oil from it to your face. INSTEAD, use make-up applicators like brushes, etc to apply make-up to your skin directly.
- Wash the brushes thoroughly with soap and water. This must be done every seven to ten days. They will help prevent new acne breakouts. ELSE, the make-up brushes collect product bacteria, dirt, oil and residue. Additionally, be gentle when applying make-up else excessive tugging can irritate your skin.
Applying Natural Skin Care Products
Your make-up procedure should abide by certain requirements. They include:
- Wash your face thoroughly.
- Use a mattifying primer. It helps to prepare your skin for make-up, and also make the makeup last longer. Additionally, it can even out the base for smooth make-up application and also smooth out the pores, if any. MAKE sure the primer you are using is a natural skin care product. Avoid dewy or illuminating primer that highlights the pimples.
- Use a color corrector like a green color corrector. It helps to neutralize the color and effectively conceal the bright red spots on your face. Make sure to apply it first and then use the concealor on top. ELSE, if you have acne your face will have a lot of red marks on it. Then even putting a concealor on top of them won’t be able to help.
Never Share Your Make-up Products With Others
Even though acne might not be contagious, acne-causing factors like bacteria, dead skin cells and oils from other people’s skin can stick to your make-up and applicators. This can eventually result in newer breakouts.
Hence, never share your make-up products with others. Additionally, make sure to use your own make-up products and tools.
Take Off Your Make-up Before Going To Bed
Make sure to take off your make-up before you go to bed. This should also include your eye make-up.
- Use an oil-free make-up remover.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Make sure to avoid scrubbing your face even when you are removing your make-up.
- Apply an acne-medication, if you’re applying one; apply it only after cleansing and applying a comodogenic moisturizer on top of the acne medication.
It’s generally advisable to not use make-up on active acne spots. Now, if you have to attend a party or some big event, then expert dermatologists suggest
- Acne patch or some clindamycin under the makeup. This will help make sure your makeup does not bother your acne.
- Pat the concealer over the acne patch. Then blend it around the edges. This will ensure a seamless finish.
They also advise that before one uses skincare products including natural skincare products or organic skincare products, it is better to consult one’s doctor. This will help make sure that the products are appropriate for your skin condition. Such products will not only be of high quality but will also be make-up friendly and undetectable on skin.
Always keep your skin clean and make-up free.
When they are moisturized, they help to prevent breakouts from occurring again.
Above all, follow a clean and safe natural skin care routine and use only natural skincare products.