Skincare routine can look like a hassle and task if you are searching for it on the internet for different products and ways to follow a schedule for a healthy skin. There are multiple options available on Google and honestly we know it can be overwhelming. So to start with a basic understanding of how to maintain a healthy skin, we present you with a three step plan that you can follow in the morning and at night after a tiring day of work. Let's begin!
Step 1: cleansing
Washing your face everyday is very important, common knowledge yet an essential thing to mention. But washing it with only water or harsh face wash or cleansers will do no good. Start with a gentle cleanser or face wash so that your skin is not stripped of its natural oil or moisture.
You can try out the Love Earth’s No Foam Face Wash For Normal To Sensitive Skin, which is non-drying and fights dirt and pollution.
Step 2: toner
Many people only follow Step 1 and step 3, which is moisturizer, and skip toner. But using toner after cleansing will ensure that your face is hydrated. Toner also helps to maintain the pH balance of the skin after cleansing as it might be thrown off by the chemicals. How to use it? It depends on what type of toner you are using. You can either put it on a cotton ball and dab it or spray it directly on your face.
Tips when buying a toner:
- Make sure that the toner doesn't contain alcohol as it can be quite drying on your skin.
- Since you are new to skincare we would suggest you buy a calming and soothing one that hydrates your skin properly.
You can check out the Frescia Cool Cucumber Toner which is alcohol free as well as hydrating. It will also minimize the visible pores and balance your pH balance.
Step 3: moisturizer
This step is crucial as it helps to strengthen your skin's barrier, protect it from dryness and lock the moisture to keep your skin looking healthy and plump. For a moisturizer to work, it's important that you use one that is based on your skin type.
You can check out the TRue FRoG Moisture Boost Gel is best suited for oily skin as it is gel based non greasy and can provide a good amount of hydration to your skin.
If you don't know your skin type, here is a way you can find out!
Wash your face. Pat dry it and sit for half an hour to one hour.
Observe the changes on your face. How does it feel?
- If it's feeling greasy and sticky, basically oily, overall your face then you have an oily skin.
- If it's feeling irritated, flamed and itchy then you have a sensitive skin.
- If you feel oiliness on your T zone which is basically your forehead and nose and also chin then you have a combination skin.
- If your skin feels dry, flaky, tight then your skin type is dry skin.
Coming back to moisturizer. Apply it when your skin is damp. That is after toner when your skin is a little wet, apply your moisturizer. You can take an appropriate amount and dot it all over your face and then gently massage it in.
Important note: There is a fourth step which is sunscreen. It is necessary as it protects your skin from UV rays. Protecting your skin from UV rays throughout the year is essential. No matter whether you are indoors or outdoors, NEVER SKIP SPF. But if you think following so many steps is too much work then we got a solution. Find a moisturizer that has SPF in it and you are good to go!
Things to remember:
1) Application of SPF or moisturizer containing SPF before 15 to 20 minutes before leaving your home is advisable.
2) Reapply your sunscreen every 2 hours to get maximum protection.
Tip: Apply lotion or cream on your body as well because your body skin is as important as your face. You can checkout our